Quality Assurance Manager
The Phoenix Company of Chicago team is seeking an initiative-taking Quality Assurance Manager to develop, implement and maintain a system of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and development processes. The main function and responsibility of this role will be to develop and coordinate appropriate quality action plans for product inspection, testing, and in working with a cross functional team, and review and make recommendations for process improvements. The Quality Manager will oversee the staff of the quality department to ensure technical specifications, regulatory guidelines, contractual requirements, and the application of ISO 9001:2015 quality standards of the company are met. You will partner with the engineering and production teams to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
Education and Experience:
For this dynamic role, we are seeking a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Quality, or related technical degree and five (5) years of experience in an ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing environment. In this role, experience in RF/Microwave connector and/or cable assembly is desired, however not essential. The Quality Manager must utilize lean manufacturing methodologies to achieve continuous improvement in zero defects and reducing waste. The ideal candidate will be well-organized and possess an enthusiastic work ethic with a proven ability to meet deadlines to ensure conformity to customer specifications and on-time delivery of products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, implement, and maintain appropriate quality standards and parameters for developing and manufacturing products to drive organization towards a lean environment.
- Monitor the quality levels of all company production departments and suppliers to assure compliance with our Quality Plan and to implement corrective actions to improve performance were needed.
- Review and analyze quality records, methods and plans to drive improvement and reduce waste.
- Investigate customer returns for root cause and assist manufacturing in developing root causes and determining corrective actions.
- Lead regular quarterly management review meetings to assist in analyzing non-conformances and drive improvement activities.
- Interface with engineering, and production team members to identify and analyze issues, defects and other problems concerning quality, recommend solutions and assure that effective corrective actions are implemented.
- Plan, coordinate and successfully pass annual ISO quality audits, both internally and for key suppliers.
- Assist in developing inspection instructions during the quality-planning phase and coordinate customer First Article inspections and product testing processes.
- Reviews customer and supplier scorecards and provides feedback to management team members.
- Support Inside Sales Reps with customer inquiries, completion of surveys and requests for assistance.
- Review customer purchase orders for quality requirements.
- Direct supervision responsibilities for the Inspection, Calibration and Test Lab Departments.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team and other appropriate staff members.
- Interviews and hires quality assurance staff to meet department goals and objectives.
- Train personnel in quality methods and problem-solving techniques.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations of subordinates that are timely and constructive.
- Chair daily Engineering Change Notice (ECN) meetings to streamline design process.
- Manages and oversees team members to ensure department is performing effectively. Plans and evaluates department activities for process improvements and develops growth opportunities for personnel.
Success Factors and Additional Skills:
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills in collaborating with employees.
- Must be initiative-taking with strong analytical skills and a history of good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Foster an environment of positive employee relations with open communication channels and employee involvement.
The Phoenix Company of Chicago offers a competitive salary, along with Medical/Dental/Prescriptions/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Tuition Reimbursement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.