RF Mechanical Design Engineer
The Phoenix Company team is seeking a RF Mechanical Design Engineer to support the design and development of RF and Microwave connector applications with our growing electronics business. Your primary responsibility for this role will be performing design activities to develop, evaluate, maintain, and improve RF connector designs that meet customer application requirements. You will share these exciting challenges with Engineering team members as well as with Quality Assurance and Manufacturing personnel to evaluate customer needs and optimize design options to balance performance and cost. The scope of this role includes providing engineering assistance, problem resolution, training, and other engineering duties in support of various aspects of production.
This dynamic role involves identifying and initiating designs of a complex nature. We are seeking an Engineering Degree candidate with a minimum of 5 years of RF Mechanical Engineering background. This individual will utilize AutoCAD, Inventor, or similar 3-D design software tools to help implement, calculate, analyze, test, and evaluate designs necessary for successful completion and development. Many of the Mechanical Engineering activities involve “firsthand” development and initiative to work independently. This role requires a strong desire to learn and apply engineering principles to transition designs from conception to final production.
A. Design Capabilities and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME).
- Product design experience including the use of AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, or similar 2D/3D design software.
- Proven, seasoned Mechanical Engineer with 5 years of RF and Microwave connector design experience.
- Demonstration of microwave connector designs above 40 GHz.
- Demonstration of designs covering standard and innovative materials for bodies, contacts, and insulators.
- Demonstration of designs for standard and innovative manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Appreciation and experience in collaborating closely with electrical engineers on new designs and trouble-shooting legacy designs.
- Solid grasp of mechanical design influences on electrical performance and overcoming electrical obstacles through innovative mechanical design solutions.
B. Quality Focus and Experience
- Thorough understanding of quality principles and experience supporting product quality.
- Experience working with ISO9001-2015.
C. Procedure Experience
- Generate reports of completed work for release to program/design teams, management, and customers
- Willing to perform hands-on work in a lab environment and provide necessary tools and instructions in assuring that all RF/Microwave testing areas are operating properly
- Grounded in methodical design development procedures with good habits for project documentation and validation.
The Phoenix Company of Chicago offers a competitive salary, along with Medical/Dental/Prescriptions/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Tuition Reimbursement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.